I am passionate about understanding businesses and their users and creating digital experiences that matter
After working for several years as a professional filmmaker (and picking up a few awards in the process), I became interested in the possibilities of digital platforms to create interactive and immersive narratives.
That led me to discover the field of User Experience Design and develop a passion for all its facets, from user research to UI designing and prototyping.
Combining my experience as an audiovisual content creator and my skills as a UX Designer, I have mostly worked with charities and NGOs designing and creating experiences to engage, educate and inspire change.
I am highly proficient in designing and prototyping software (Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Axure, Illustrator) and video applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition). I also have knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP and a basic understanding of Java Script.
- User Research
- Usability Testing
- Data analysis
- IA & Content
- UX/UI design
- Stakeholder engagement
Designing, planning and carrying out user research
Establishing research needs, recruiting participants, designing and implementing qualitative (interviews, focus groups, workshops, ethnography) and quantitative (surveys, A/B testing) research methods.
Designing, planning and carrying out usability testing
Conducting moderated (both live and remote) and designing unmoderated user tests. Testing usability on websites, e-commerce platforms, apps, multimedia experiences and games.
Data analysis and reporting
Analysing existing user flows and data. Integrating data obtained from a number of sources. Presenting insights and data to other stakeholders in a visual, succinct way.
Information Architecture & Content Strategy
Designing and testing information architecture (card sorting, tree testing) for content heavy websites with many different audiences. Creating content strategy and designing content.
Wireframing, prototyping and UI design
Experience designing UI for a range of digital products. Quickly creating iterative prototypes of all levels of fidelity using a range of software programs (Keynote, Sketch, Flint, Omnigraffle, Axure)
Pitching to potential and existing clients
Extensive experience managing and collaborating with client-side stakeholders, including senior leaders at global corporations. Writing proposals and pitching for new business.
Experience working with and implementing agile methodologies.
(2016 – )
UX Designer and Content Creator
- Designed the user experience (including complex CRM integrations and eCommerce solutions) for websites and apps of clients such as the Kennedys Law, the Marine Stewardship Council, the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising and UCL (the latter three currently in development).
- Conducted both qualitative (data mining, focus groups, interviews, workshops, digital ethnography) and quantitative (surveys) research, across very diverse user groups.
- Created discovery reports, content audits, User Flows and Journey maps, Personas and other key UX deliverables.
- Developed and tested Information Architecture and created content strategy for websites with hundreds of pages.
- Created wireframes for a broad range of User Journeys and content types, taking a mobile-first approach.
- Presented and pitched for new business to key stakeholders of national and global companies and NGOs.
(2014 -2016 )
UX Designer and Content Creator
- Researched and designed digital experiences for NGOs, ranging from training websites to a campaign web-game.
- Conducted both qualitative (desk research, focus groups, interviews) and quantitative (surveys, A/B testing, sorting, etc.) research, both live and remotely, with users in 4 continents.
- Conducted extensive game and usability testing.
- Designed and built mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes in Axure.
- Implemented agile work methods.
- Identified insights and designed reports for clients and funders.
- Created visual and video content for digital platforms.
Open Cinema / Freelancer
(2011 – 2014)
Filmmaker, Editor and Motion Graphics Artist
(2007 – 2011)
Writer and Director
- Directed TV advertisements in Mexico (and wrote copy for some of them) for clients including Mattel, Coca-Cola and Neolpharma.
- Wrote, directed and post-produced corporate videos.
(2002 – 2004)
- Created design elements and interactive pieces to support daily news content.
- Created interactive infographics in Flash.
General Assembly. London.
User Experience Design course.
2004 – 2007
Istituto Europeo di Design. Milan.
Video Design post-diploma course.
1998 – 2002
Tec de Monterrey. Mexico City.
BA in Media Studies.