I am passionate about understanding users and creating digital experiences that fulfill needs, educate and inspire.
After working for several years as a professional filmmaker (and picking up a few awards in the process), I became interested in the possibilities of digital platforms to create interactive and immersive narratives.
That led me to discover the field of User Experience Design and develop a passion for all its facets, from user research to UI designing and prototyping.
Combining my experience as an audiovisual content creator and my skills as a UX Designer, I have mostly worked with charities and NGOs designing and creating experiences to engage, educate and inspire change.
I am highly proficient in designing and prototyping software (Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Axure, Illustrator) and video applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition). I also have knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP and a basic understanding of Java Script.
Designing, planning and carrying out user research
Establishing research needs, recruiting participants, designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Data analysis and reporting
Analysing existing user flows and data. Integrating data obtained from a number of sources. Presenting insights and data to other stakeholders in a visual, succinct way.
Designing and prototyping
Experience designing UI for a range of digital products. Quickly creating iterative prototypes of all levels of fidelity using a range of software programs (Keynote, Sketch, Flint, Omnigraffle, Axure)
Experience working with and implementing agile methodologies.
Content Creation Skills
Writing for visual and interactive media
Developing visual stories for a range of media in various genres, targeted at both broad and highly specific audiences.
Recording video and audio in various formats. I take to heart the collaborative nature of filmmaking. I have closely worked with clients big and small, led crews from 2 to 30 and directed experienced actors, non-professionals, kids and animals.
Post-production and Motion Graphics
Editing, colour grading and sound mixing (in the Adobe CC Suite). Creating visual effects. Animation and Motion Graphics (in After Effects).
Photography and illustration
Still photography and lighting in DSLR and Medium Format. Digital illustration in Illustrator.
(2014 – )
UX Designer and Content Creator
- Researched and designed digital experiences for NGOs, ranging from training websites to a campaign web-game.
- Conducted both qualitative (desk research, focus groups, interviews) and quantitative (surveys, A/B testing, sorting, etc.) research, both live and remotely, with users in 4 continents.
- Conducted extensive game and usability testing.
- Designed and built mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes in Axure.
- Implemented agile work methods.
- Identified insights and designed reports for clients and funders.
- Created visual and video content for digital platforms.
Open Cinema / Freelancer
(2011 – 2014)
Filmmaker, Editor and Motion Graphics Artist
(2007 – 2011)
Writer and Director
- Directed TV advertisements in Mexico (and wrote copy for some of them) for clients including Mattel, Coca-Cola and Neolpharma.
- Wrote, directed and post-produced corporate videos.
(2002 – 2004)
- Created design elements and interactive pieces to support daily news content.
- Created interactive infographics in Flash.
General Assembly. London.
User Experience Design course.
2004 – 2007
Istituto Europeo di Design. Milan.
Video Design post-diploma course.
1998 – 2002
Tec de Monterrey. Mexico City.
BA in Media Studies.